There are still roads closed in several Central Jersey towns two days after Henri dropped nearly 9 inches of rain in some places.
As of 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday these roads are still closed:
- Franklin (Somerset) — Blackwells Mills Road between Canal Road and Millstone River Road
- Franklin (Somerset) — Canal Road between Elm Street and Blackwells Mills Road
- Franklin (Somerset) — Bellemead-Griggstown Road between River Road and Canal Road
- Middlesex Boro — River Road between Lincoln Boulevard and Baekeland Ave
- Monroe Township — Spotswood-Englishtown Road at Mounts Mill Road
- Parsippany — New Road between Old Bloomfield Avenue and Route 280
- Somerset — Studdiford Drive at River Road
Gov. Phil Murphy will visit Helmetta on Tuesday afternoon and meet with residents and local officials.
The Red Cross has a shelter open at the Monroe Senior Center at 12 Halsey Reed Road in Monroe for those affected by Henri's flooding in Middlesex County.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNJ
Flooding in Middlesex County, NJ on Aug. 23, 2021
Gov. Phil Murphy toured devastating flooding in Monroe on Aug. 23. Heavy rains during weekend caused flooding of neighborhoods in Cranbury, Helmetta and Jamesburg in Middlesex County
The best outdoor beer gardens at NJ breweries
There are more options than ever for enjoying a Garden State crafted beer in an outdoor setting.
New Jersey tied for first place (with Kentucky) with 43% growth in the craft beer scene from 2015 to 2019, according to C+R Research.
The following is a roundup of breweries around the state with scenic, dedicated outdoor seating as weather allows.
Point Pleasant Beach NJ: 11 most popular spots
The oceanside location of Point Pleasant Beach has been a source of enjoyment for centuries
The first permanent boardwalk was built in 1915 and in the late 1920’s, Orlo Jenkinson built Jenkinson’s Pavilion and Swimming Pool.
Over the past 100 years or so, the community has grown into a vibrant resort destination for state residents and tourists, alike.