One of New Jersey’s biggest water parks has a new name
Don’t expect to see any more of those “Sahara Sam’s” billboards along New Jersey roads, as the Camden County water park, one of New Jersey’s biggest, has a new name and a new theme. Sahara Sam’s is now Big Kahuna’s Water Park.
As part of the rebranding, the park, in West Berlin, has a new island-inspired theme, as well. According to the park, some of the highlights include:
- 70,000 + square foot indoor water park, open year-round
- Retractable roof for weatherproof fun
- Two acre outdoor water park from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Wave pool, leisure pool, cabanas, and Shipwrecked Tiki Bar
- Private party rooms
- Private cabanas with an ‘exclusive oasis’ feel
- State-of-the-art arcade
- Until the new water park at the Showboat in Atlantic City opens, Big Kahuna’s is still the largest indoor water park in New Jersey.
With the new name and the new theme come new attractions:
Island Time Café, featuring all new Caribbean fare and Unleash Cheese’s gourmet macaroni and cheese
Shipwrecked Tiki Bar (outdoor) and Sandbar (indoor) for adult beverages
“The Chill Zone”: An updated arcade and eatery
Live island-themed entertainment monthly, e.g. steel drums, Polynesian dancers
Improved safety and cleanliness procedures.
Coming soon: Mobile ordering of food and beverages
Park renovation featuring tropical themes with vibrant colors, updated attraction names, and menu items.
Oh, by the way, the new Big Kahuna’s is hiring, too, with some positions starting at $17 per hour.
Opinions expressed in the post above are those of New Jersey 101.5 talk show host Bill Doyle only.
You can now listen to Deminski & Doyle — On Demand! Hear New Jersey’s favorite afternoon radio show any day of the week. Download the Deminski & Doyle show wherever you get podcasts, on our free app, or listen right now.