5 New Year’s Resolutions for a Healthier You
It’s the time of year when many of us make promises to ourselves for the coming year. Here’s how you can use your New Year’s resolution to achieve a healthier, happier life.
Getting healthy tops the charts when it comes to New Year’s resolutions.
Try Something New
Here are 5 resolutions for a healthier you that you might not have considered before.
- Make your bed every morning: Kicking off your days with a freshly made bed is a good way to transform your space and start your days off on the right foot. Accomplishing small tasks in the morning can also help you to be more productive throughout your day.
- Be a more adventurous eater: Instead of cutting out certain foods from your diet, broaden your horizons and expand your palate this year. Trying a new cuisine once a month can be a fun way to introduce yourself to different flavors and cultures.
- Sanitize your phone weekly: Your cell phone is one of the most germ-infested items that you own. Unplug your device before cleaning and use a lint-free cloth that’s slightly damp with soap and water. Avoid using cleaning solutions that contain bleach and aerosol sprays on your touchscreen surfaces.
- Find someone to mentor: Consider finding a young person to mentor. You can gain new world perspectives and reinforce the lessons you’ve learned in life while feeling good about having a positive impact on a youth’s life.
- Take time each week to stretch: Healthy adults should do flexibility exercises for all major muscle-tendon groups at least two to three times a week. Try stretching, yoga or tai chi. Spend a total of 60 seconds on each stretching exercise, breaking your repetitions down into 15- or 20-second intervals.