MOUNT OLIVE — Several residents of the Flanders section have been taken to area hospitals after exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide Monday night.

According to a report on News 12 New Jersey, Mayor Rob Greenbaum said that people in a home on Fennimore Court were taken to the hospital after being exposed to the gas. There were no details released about the number of people exposed or their condition.

Flanders Fire Co. 1 said they were still treating patients on the scene and would have more information later.

The Facebook group MT Olive Twp NJ Alerts reported the Morris County Hazmat team had been called to the scene and that the fire company was reporting levels of 1,000 parts per million at the scene, which is more than 10 times safe limits.

More than 400 people die every year in the United States from carbon monoxide, a colorless and odorless gas produced by fuel-burning appliances and engines.

More From New Jersey 101.5

Contact reporter Adam Hochron at 609-359-5326 or


More From New Jersey 101.5 FM