CAMDEN —A man shot by a Haddon Township officer last year has taken a plea deal, months after the officer was cleared of wrongdoing in the encounter.

Edmond Brown Jr., 39, was shot by a Haddon Township officer during an encounter on Oct. 29 of last year. He pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of second-degree eluding and one count of second degree certain persons not to possess a weapon under a plea deal that will result in a 7-month state prison sentence.

According to the Camden County prosecutor's office, Brown gave a false name to a Haddon Township officer during a motor vehicle stop. Instead of turning off his truck while his identify was being verified, he tried to flee, dragging the officer with the vehicle, the prosecutor's office said.

But the officer jumped off the vehicle before it struck a parked car, the prosecutor's office said.

"Again, the defendant did not comply with the officer’s orders to get down on the ground after he exited his vehicle. Instead, when Brown exited the pickup truck he started to run. The officer pursued him, a struggle ensued and the Haddon Township officer shot Brown when he attempted to reach for the gun," the prosecutor's office said in an announcement of the plea deal.

Later, police found a .357 Magnum revolver, more than 50 rounds of .357 ammunition and a speed loader, the prosecutor's office said.

The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office released dashboard camera footage of the incident last year.

The video shows the officer being dragged, and then, after he jumps away, yelling "Get the f--- out of the car, get the f--- out."

When Brown leaves the car, he first gets on the ground, but then gets back up, still facing away from the officer. The officer yells repeatedly for Brown to get on the ground. As the officer tries to force Brown to the ground, Brown pulls away and begins running across the street.

The officer chases him, holding onto Brown as he runs toward a tree and then close to a car, against which the officer pushes him. The officer then wrestles Brown back down to the ground, near the tree, where they stay until other responders arrive.

The gunshot is heard during the chase.

Brown was shot in the leg and recovered, according to

More from New Jersey 101.5: