5 years after NJ diner owner’s murder, reward for info climbs to $50K
It's been nearly five years since the longtime owner of a popular Roxbury Township diner was murdered in his place of business and authorities say they're continuing to pursue any leads that might help capture his killer.
Chafic “Steve” Ezzeddine had been the owner of the Kenvil Diner for about 30 years when he was found murdered inside the Roxbury establishment. Saturday, May 28 marks the five-year anniversary of his 2011 death, according to the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office. As his family continues to mourn the loss of the diner owner, police say they "remain committed" to investigating the incident and will actively pursue information that could lead them to Ezzeddine's killer.
Recently, the initial reward of $25,000 being offered for information that could lead to the arrest and prosecution of a suspect has been doubled.
"The Ezzeddine family, in coordination with friends and family, have now increased the reward leading to the arrest and prosecution of anyone responsible for the murder of their patriarch," the Prosecutor's Office said, though the office is not involved in the reward offering.
Coupled with the Morris County CrimeStoppers reward money, the total reward now stands at $50,000.
The diner owner's murder has been under investigation for five years, with local and county police joining forces with New York City law enforcement agencies as well a the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Secret Service, authorities said Thursday.
The Morris County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit is asking anyone with information regarding Ezzeddine's murder to call 973-285-6200 or www.morrisprosecutor.org, the Roxbury Police Department at 973-448-2100, or Crimestoppers at 973-COP-CALL. Anonymous tips are also welcome, police said.
Toniann Antonelli is a social content producer for NJ 101.5. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter @ToniRadio1015.