NJ Transit cancellations and delays for Tuesday, Aug. 28
NEWARK — NJ Transit continues to struggle with the effects of a lack of engineers and Positive Train Control installation, with over a half-dozen canceled trains on Tuesday morning.
The Raritan Valley Line also has 30-minute delays in both directions due to earlier Conrail signal issues near the Union station.
The eight NJ Transit trains canceled for Tuesday morning:
Morris & Essex
- 8:55 a.m. (#480) from Bernardsville due to engineer availability
- 8:20 a.m. (#6320) from Summit due to engineer availability
- 6:55 a.m. (#0481) from Hoboken due to engineer availability
- 6:56 a.m. (#0308) from Summit due to engineer availability
- 5:59 a.m. (#0303) from Hoboken due to engineer availability
- 7:41 a.m. (#0808) from Lake Hopatcong due to engineer availability
- 5:26 a.m. (#3702) from Jersey Avenue due to PTC equipment availability
- REINSTATED: 9:21 a.m. (#3936) from Trenton due to PTC equipment availability
North Jersey Coast Line
- 5:53 a.m. (#3500) from South Amboy due to PTC equipment availability
How are you coping with the last-minute cancellation of NJ Transit trains? Help with our traffic and transit coverage and be part of our Commuter Panel. Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNJ.
More from New Jersey 101.5: