Jersey Shore beaches 2016: The cheapest, quietest, family-friendliest and best
Summer 2016 is here, New Jersey.
Well, OK. Not technically. But it's Memorial Day weekend 2016, meteorologist Dan Zarrow says we're looking at temperatures in the 80s, and it's a great time to hit the beach.
But what kind of beach? And how much will it cost you?
• Wait, is your favorite beach even open? Kylie Moore's checked for you.
• Want somewhere a little less ... crowded than say, Seaside or Point Pleasant? Joe Votruba brings you 5 quiet beaches along the Jersey Shore. The Bennies don't have to go home — you can duck them just fine.
• How about a trip Long Beach Island? Our own Double Down reminds you there's plenty to do while you're there, from the Barnegat Lighthouse to fantastic spots to eat outside in the sun. And of course, there's the legendary Ron John's Surf Shop for those who like to hit the waves!
• Feeling particular? Need to know which beaches have restrooms, playgrounds, piers? Dino Flammia will help you break it down.
• The beach isn't the beach without a good boardwalk. Which ones are the most kid-friendly?
• Soon you might not be able to smoke on any Jersey beach. But for now, here's the beaches that bar smoking. The only butts you'll see are the ones in thongs.
• What will it cost you to get on Jersey Shore beaches this summer? Some get pricey! How about you let Kylie Moore hone in on the ones that cost $7 or less.
What's your favorite beach? Tell us in the comments below or Tweet us @nj1015.
Also from New Jersey 101.5: