Here’s how to help Afghan refugees in New Jersey
As Afghan refugees are flown into the Joint Base MDL, supplies are needed to help people who helped the US in Afghanistan, many of whom are coming with just the clothes on their backs.
The U.S. Coast Guard Atlantic Strike Team is one of the organizations that is organizing a relief effort.
According to the USCG Atlantic Strike Force Facebook page, they are collecting donations to distribute to non-profits that are assisting the thousands of refugees that have come, or will be coming, to New Jersey. Here is a list of the items that are most in need:
- ***NO GLASS ITEMS, Pillows, or Tampons***
- Diaper Cream
- Baby clothes for all baby ages
- Baby logistics
- Diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food (no glass jars and no meat), spoons and new pacifiers
- Men's clothing - IMMEDIATE NEED - no shorts or tank tops
- Women's clothing - mostly long sleeve but modest, short sleeve is acceptable. No shorts, dresses, or tank tops.
- Children's clothes (long sleeves and pants)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Newborn hats and socks
- New, modest underwear for adults and kids
- New socks for adults and kids
- Hats for all ages (cold weather and warm)
- Blankets (clean or new)
- Shoes (new or clean with very little wear)
- Toys (not battery operated)
- Stuffed animals
Donations can be mailed or delivered to:
US Coast Guard Atlantic Strike Team
5614 Doughboy Loop
Fort Dix, NJ 08640
The post above reflects the thoughts and observations of New Jersey 101.5 talk show host Bill Doyle. Any opinions expressed are Bill Doyle's own.