Feel Better Bears: Donate a teddy bear for a child in crisis
New Jersey 101.5's Feel Better Bears campaign is back for 2021.
Last year through the generosity of our listeners and sponsors, New Jersey 101.5 collected over 7,000 teddy bears to be distributed to children in crisis situations. This holiday season, New Jersey 101.5 is once again collecting teddy bears to be distributed by the New Jersey State Policeman's Benevolent Association. We're calling them "Feel Better Bears" — because police will make children feel better during emergencies, giving them brand-new bears to hug.
OPTION ONE — BUY A BEAR ONLINE: To donate, pick a bear from the gallery or link below and purchase it through our online store. We'll take care of the rest, including getting it shipped right to us and the PBA. (Note: Bears are sold at cost—New Jersey 101.5 does not profit from the sale of bears.)
OPTION TWO — DROP OFF A BEAR IN PERSON: Bring a new, unwrapped bear or small stuffed animal and drop it off at any Feel Better Bear collection location or any New Jersey 101.5 event until December 24.
- All American Ford, Paramus: 375 NJ-17, Paramus
- All American Ford, Hackensack: 520 River St., Hackensack
- All American Ford , Point Pleasant: 3306 Bridge Ave., Point Pleasant
- All American Ford/Subaru, Old Bridge: 3698 Route 9, Old Bridge
- All American Mazda: 575 Burnt Tavern Road, Brick
- Motortrend Certified Used Vehicles: 781 Route 70, Brick
- Trinity Rehab, Clifton: 852 Route 3, Clifton
- Trinity Rehab, Matawan: 1016 Route 34, Building 9, Matawan
- Trinity Rehab, Metuchen: 656 Middlesex Ave., Metuchen
- Trinity Rehab, East Brunswick: 465 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick
- Trinity Rehab, East Windsor: 440 Route 130 South, East Windsor
- Trinity Rehab, Paramus: 305 Route 17, Paramus
OPTION THREE — BUY A BEAR AND MAIL IT YOURSELF: Mail a new, unwrapped bear to this address: 158 Main Street, Woodbridge, NJ 07095-2108, ATTN: Feel Better Bears
Questions about Feel Better Bears? See the FAQ below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Who receives my donations?
A: All donations are given to the New Jersey State PBA. The PBA then distributes your donations to local municipalities. The local municipalities then keep the stuffed animals in their squad cars and give them to children in crisis situations.
Q: Do the bears have to be brand new?
A: YES! All stuffed animals must be new, with-tags, and unwrapped.
Q: Do they have to be bears only, or can they be other stuffed animals?
A: They can be any stuffed animal you want, as long as they're new, with tags, and unwrapped.
Q: Is there a size limit on the bears?
A: No, but we'd prefer it if the bears were less than 18 inches tall.
Q: Wow! Feel Better Bears is such a great idea! How can my organization take part?
A: If you would like to start your own donation drive, please email us at email@example.com to get started today!