Atlantic City, NJ Airshow takes to sky over the boardwalk Wednesday
The 19th Annual MEET AC Atlantic City Airshow is Wednesday with near perfect weather for watching over a dozen planes and jets over the boardwalk.
Thousands will descend on Atlantic City for the annual show with the theme "A Salute to Those That Serve." The airshow is best viewed from the boardwalk and beach with spaces available on a first come, first serve basis. Paid parking is available at the city's casinos.
“This year’s line-up of performers is second to none,” Greater Atlantic City Chamber President Michael Chait said. “You have both military and civilian acts that are among the best in the country soaring to our beaches right here in the Garden State – we promise that this will be our best show to date!”
The chamber produced this year's airshow.
Wednesday will be the nicest day of the week, according to New Jersey 101.5 Chief Meteorologist Dan Zarrow.
"I am happy to report that the weather will cooperate wonderfully with Wednesday's festivities. Nice, low humidity. Bright blue skies, with a few puffy clouds. And a light sea breeze keeping temperatures along the beach around 80 degrees," Zarrow said.
Townsquare Media sister stations WPG Talk Radio 95.5 FM and 1450 AM will be hosting a 5-hour pregame show from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. The airshow is set to begin at approximately 11 a.m.
The City of Atlantic City, Office of Emergency Management has released important Airshow (air space) restriction information as follows:
- An Air Show safety issue for all concerned that must be followed is the restriction of any drones, parasailing, kite flying, or any other device within a 10-mile radius of the Air Show space on the practice days Monday, August 22, 2022, and Tuesday, August 23, 2022, and the day of the Air Show Wednesday, August 24, 2022. Any drones or other devices used in violation of this restriction will be confiscated and their operators arrested.”
- The exact restricted area runs from 23rd Street in Longport to South Roosevelt Boulevard in Brigantine,” said The Atlantic City Office of Emergency Management.
The confirmed schedule of events for Wednesday, August 24 (subject to change)
Airspace Closes for Airshow, TFR in Effect, Boats in Place
US Army Golden Knights Flag Jump w/National Anthem
US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
NJ ANG 177th FW F-16 Flyby
NJ ANG 108th WG KC-135 Flyby
NBC 10 Helicopter Flybys
NJ ANG Composite Wing Flyby (KC-135 & (2) F-16s)
Chris Thomas SNJ-2 Aerobatics
US MH-53 Super Stallions Flyover
USAF C-17A Globemaster Ill Demonstration
Medical Helicopter Flybys
NJ State Police Flybys
552nd ACWE-3C Sentry Flyby
NJ-ArNG/NJ-ANGUH-60 SPIES/FRIES Demonstration
552nd ACW E-3C Sentry Flyby
1St HS. UH-1N Twin Huey (2-ship) Flyby
FAA William J Hughes Aircraft Flybys (2-passes)
Jim Beasley Jr./Ed Shipley Ti-6 (2-ship) Demo
US Coast Guard Search & Rescue Demonstration
Paul Dougherty Eagle Aerobatics
Full Throttle Formation Team
Army Golden Knights
Jim Beasley Jr. P-51 Mustang Demonstration
USN F/A-18 Super Hornet
USN Legacy Flight F/A-18 & FG-1D Corsair
USAF Thunderbirds Enlistment Ceremony
Airspace Re-opens; TFR Ends
The return of Veterans Resource Row will be located on the Atlantic City Boardwalk at Missouri Avenue and will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. during the Airshow.
The participating government agencies, nonprofits, and veteran services organizations are:
- American Legion
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- New Jersey Department of Military and
- Veteran Affairs
- New Jersey Casino Control Commission
- Flight Safety International
- American Red Cross
- S Technology
- NJ Vet2 Vet
- Catholic Charities
- Philadelphia Flyers Warriors
- Atlantic County Sheriff's Office
- Hero Care Connect
- Team Red White and Blue