Things FBF (Fake Beatles fans) in New Jersey say
This weekend, the Hyatt in Jersey City will be home to the the massive Fest for Beatles Fans. The Fest for Beatles Fans has taken place mostly in Secaucus since its first edition, 43 years ago.
It moved to Rye Brook, New York, in 2015 and 2016, but it will be back in New Jersey this year. New Jerseyan mark Lapidos created the festival, originally known as Beatlesfest, in 1974 as a celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in New York.
I've always thought there are two kinds of people in this world: Beatles fans and fake Beatles fans. And the latter? I don't trust em. It's not like I treat the Beatles like a religion, like a lot of Beatles fans do (although I don't fault them for that, if you can worship Star Wars, you can worship the Beatles), it's just that I can't understand people who say "I LOVE the Beatles _________________"( fill in the blank with something stupid.)
Because there ARE some posers. People who CLAIM to like the Beatles but really have no clue. Here are the best things that fake Beatles fans have said:
- (When asked who their favorite Beatle is) "Uhhhh... Mick Jagger"
- The Beatles are great! I wonder when their next tour is?
- Oh my God, I love The Beatles, Imagine (or Live and Let Die) is such a good song!
- Beatles movies? Oh you mean Across the Universe.
- Pete Best is my favorite Beatle
- Yesterday is my favorite song on Abbey Street
- The Beatles? Oh yeah they're my favorite band! Who's George Harrison?
- Too bad all of The Beatles are dead! Now they'll never do another concert!
- OMG! My favorite Beatles song! I heard this on Glee!!!!
- My favorite Beatles song is Eleanor Rigsby
- Wow! Ringo must've taken a lot of drugs when he wrote Yellow Submarine!
- You know..."Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?" Get it? LSD!!!!
More from New Jersey 101.5: