Oprah auctions some of her possessions for charity
Oprah Winfrey is auctioning off some of her not-so-favorite things.
The former queen of afternoon TV talk shows is selling her Chicago condo. During Oprah's move, she has gathered 571 possessions that are being auctioned off. It's hard to imagine she could have fit all these items into her water tower condo, let alone, everything that she is keeping.
The auction will take place next Saturday, April 25.
Price-wise, the items up for bid run the gamut. The most expensive article is a Richard Miller painting that is expected to sell for 120 thousand dollars. On the cheap side, there's a ball point pen selling for 50 bucks.
Here's a sampling of some items that are on the auction block.
* Set of 13 French porcelain desert plates $500
* Set of three Italian silver candlesticks $500
* Louie XVI bronze desk set $600
* Giltwood model of a lamb $2000
* Bronze commode $12,000
* Tole waste paper basket $$80
* Derby porcelain dessert service $40,000
* Chanel leather bag $600
* Three throw pillows $400
* George III Giltwood mirror $22,000
* Knit wool top (size large) $40.00
* Three pairs of pleated drapes $1,200
And, I can't leave out the five light candelabra for $6000.
All the proceeds from the auction will go to a great cause. The money will be donated to the girl's school that Oprah founded in South Africa.