All is clear at Hightstown High School after a lab experiment went wrong on Friday morning sending several teachers to the hospital.

School bues line up outside of Hightstown High School following chemical incident (Don Tandler, Townsquare Media NJ)

In a statement on the East Windsor Regional School district website, Superintendent Dr. Edward Forsthoffer III explains that a teacher became ill after smelling fumes in a science lab. The entire school was evacuated and school buses brought in to keep students warm as a hazardous material team inspected the building.

Student Tasia Teele told 6 ABC, "They took (the teacher) out on a stretcher after everything happened, and that's when the whole fire drill happened and everyone had to just evacuate the building."

Two teachers were hospitalized for headaches while a third teacher fell and hit their head during the evacuation.

High school students were ultimately sent home on their assigned buses as the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection completes an inspection of the lab. Parents should not come to the school to get their children.

Students who immediately left the school will not be able to get their personal belongings that were left inside until tomorrow.

School will be back in session on Tuesday; Monday is a holiday for Martin Luther King Day.