South Jersey Still Recovers From Storm: From The Newsroom
It was a wild weekend across New Jersey, with thousands in South Jersey without power following a severe Friday night storm.
- The freak storm wreaked havoc on South Jersey between outages and damages, as crews are working round the clock to try and restore things.
- Monmouth County is nearly back to normal after a water main break, with just a handful of towns still under a boil water advisory.
- Governor Christie called a special session of the Legislature, as he is demanding a tax cut now.
- The State Police are warning about a crack down of illegal fireworks this holiday season.
- More New Jerseyans are expected to hit the road over the upcoming holidays.
- Under a new measure, indicted politicians would lose their paychecks in NJ.
- Many people in NJ are actually not looking forward to retirement.
- The craft beer industry in the Garden State gets a boost.
- This week’s “What’s So Great About the Garden State” spotlights tomorrow’s ‘Miles For Matlosz‘ run.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
The weekend poll asked if you support or oppose Obamacare. There were a lot of votes on this one and 69% are against it, while 31% are for it.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Watch Budget bill recap, Rutgers-Rowan merger and teacher tenure on PBS. See more from Reporters Roundtable.