Red Light Cameras Suspended: From The Newsroom
While it is some good news, drivers should not start celebrating yet. The red light camera has been mostly suspended while officials look at the camera's timing, but they will still be flashing during the suspension, with drivers facing possible retroactive tickets, in some cases.
- If you subscribe to our text alerts, you were the first to know about the red light camera suspension. Kevin McArdle boils down what it means, and what towns apply, while Stacy Proebstle gets motorist reaction.
- The head of the Assembly Budget Committee says a passage of a budget plan is on track for Monday.
- Meanwhile, Governor Christie referred to Assembly Dems as "vampires" during his Town Hall in Cedar Grove, while promoting his higher education merger plan.
- It's a heat wave! Check out our tips for braving the arriving heat in NJ.
- The Monmouth County Courthouse remains closed today, after a bizarre few days.
- New legislation would breathe new life into foreclosed homes in the Garden State.
- Experts are disputing a link between 9/11 dust and cancer.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Tuesday's poll asked if you would support legislation that would toughen penalties for using your cell phone while driving. 67% said yes, while 33% would not support it.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor's Office