Corey Booker Plays Hero: From The Newsroom
Corey Booker, the mayor of Newark, is generating national buzz after a heroic effort Thursday night in the neighborhood he lives in.
- Booker was returning home when he saw a neighbor’s house on fire. The Mayor, along with his security detail, ran into the burning home to help the residents escape.
- The New Jersey State Police announces a hiring blitz, following a 2-year lull.
- Governor Christie held a Town Hall in South Plainfield on Thursday, reiterating his plan for drug courts, as well as his hopes for a small business rebound in New Jersey.
- Pain at the pump is now leading to less sales at some convenience stores.
- The debate continues in Trenton over higher education funding.
- Atlantic City officials detailed their new multi-million dollar marketing campaign to boost attendance to the resort.
- Kevin McArdle examines the US Senate race here in New Jersey that nobody seems to care about.
- President Obama denounces recent criticisms of Ann Romney.
- Two missing brothers in Irvington were found.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting the word “NEWS” to 89000.
We have your weekend weather covered. Check out Alan Kasper’s 5 day forecast, which is available anytime online.
Our Thursday poll asked if you agreed with the Governor’s handling of the gift card controversy that you have been hearing in our news. There were a lot of votes on this one, and 89% said they do not agree with Governor Christie.
VIDEOs OF THE DAY
Videos by Ilya Hemlin