A Christie Town Hall Rant: From The Newsroom
Another Governor Christie "YouTube" moment, a fatal shoplifting in Woodbridge, and a busy day in Trenton at the State House tops things from the newsroom on Friday.
- Governor Christie got into it with a law student and ex-Navy Seal over the merger of Rutgers and Rowan. It led to the man's ejection from the Town Hall. The full audio is at the end of this story.
- Meanwhile, at the Roebling Town Hall, the Governor urged Assembly Democrats to get on board with plans to cut taxes, while touting his administration's continued crackdowns on prescription drug abuse.
- A shoplifting at the Woodbridge Center Mall ends horrifically, as the suspect allegedly took a woman hostage with a knife to her throat. The tragedy ends with police shooting and killing the man.
- It was a full slate at the State House on Thursday. Kevin McArdle recaps legislation moving on ending sick leave payouts and increasing New Jersey's minimum wage. Dino Flammia explains a job creating measure that advances.
- "Jessica's Law" was approved by an Assembly Committee in Trenton.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts direct to your cell phone by texting the word "NEWS" to 89000.
Thursday's poll asked if you would support a medical marijuana facility in your town. 77% said they would not.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press