Which Famous New Jerseyan Deserves a Holiday?
Clarence Clemons has been in the news today. There is a push for Clemons to get his own holiday.
According to our own Townsquare News Network,
Monmouth County Sen. Jennifer Beck has proposed designating Jan. 11 as Clarence Clemons Day, to honor Bruce Springsteen’s legendary saxophone player.
A vast majority of our callers disagreed with this idea. Considering the fact that every soldier, firefighter and police officer that has died in the line of duty in New Jersey have not been given their very own holiday, why should a band member, while loved by many, get a holiday?
Just to have some fun, we opened up the phone lines to see which celebrity you would give a state holiday to if you had your choice. Here were some suggestions:
- Michelle in Cinnaminson: Jon Bon Jovi
- Eric in Winslow: Frank Sinatra
- Sal in Toms River: Thomas Edison
- Mary in Chesterfield: Bruce Springsteen
- Tracey in Clifton: Buzz Aldrin
- Jen in Old Bridge: Jack Nicholson
- Brian in Hillsborough: Albert Einstein
- Mary Jo in Jackson: Danny DeVito
Who would be your choice? Let us know in the comment section below.