South Plainfield Rocked By Fire: From The Newsroom
A fatal fire in South Plainfield and the advancement of the minimum wage boost measure top the news on Friday in New Jersey.
- The tragic fire in South Plainfield killed 5 people, 4 children and their grandmother, and rocked the community.
- The NJ Assembly Labor Committee advances a bill boosting New Jersey’s minimum wage, while David Matthau examines just how much the hourly rate hike would impact people around the state.
- New legislation looks to ease some of the initial financial burdens associated with towns merging.
- Governor Christie’s budget will aid the need to recruit and train new state police officers.
- One New Jersey county declares youth violence to be a public health issue.
- Jason Allentoff highlights the growth of the wine industry in the Garden State.
- A survey says that more and more people are saving their tax return checks, and not spending the money as freely.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather text alerts direct to your phone. Text the word “NEWS” to 89000.
Thursday’s poll was a near deadlock as 45% supported a millionaire’s tax hike, while 47% opposed it. 8% were undecided.
VIDEOS OF THE DAY
Videos by Dino Flammia