Fisherman finds human skeletal remains in the Raritan Bay
Authorities in Middlesex County say they are working to identify skeletal remains that were pulled Sunday from the Raritan Bay.
The remains were discovered by a fisherman. Police say the unidentified fisherman saw the remains along the shoreline in Perth Amboy and contacted police, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey's office said.
Investigators did not say if the remains are that of a male or female, or how long the person had been in the water. The Prosecutor's Office said authorities are "attempting to positively identify the individual."
Gruesome finds in New Jersey
- Human remains found in wooded area in South Jersey
- Human Remains Found in Green Brook Identified
- Human Remains Found Off Route 46 In Roxbury
- Human Remains Found Near Industrial Complex in Woodbridge
- Newark Police Probe Human Remains in Suitcase
This is a developing story. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
Toniann Antonelli is a social content producer for NJ 101.5. She can be reached at email@example.com, or on Twitter @ToniRadio1015.