Point Pleasant Beach Bars’ Woes: From The Newsroom
The Point Pleasant Beach council voted against allowing bars to stay open past midnight, as it looks to crack down against a rash on incidents the last few summers.
- The ordinance means that the popular spots in the Jersey Shore town will have to announce last call at midnight.
- At his latest Town Hall, Governor Christie detailed his plans on how to lower property taxes permanently. While at the State House, one State Senator says we can’t afford a tax cut in NJ.
- The latest on that Sandy Hook yacht hoax, as the Coast Guard held a Tuesday press conference.
- A new FED study illustrates just how hard the Great Recession carved into our wealth.
- Environmentalists call for greater oversight over chemical plants.
- New legislation is introduced that would change bail procedures for dangerous criminals.
- The Lakewood Tent City minister was arrested for a second time, while refuting claims against him.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Tuesday’s poll asked if you still text or talk on a cell phone while driving. 62% said no, 29% yes, and 9% say only sometimes.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press