New Jersey’s Soni Wins Gold: From The Newsroom
It was an historic night for U.S. Olympians on Thursday at the Olympics, as New Jerseyan Rebecca Soni took home gold, as part of a medal run by American athletes.
- Our wall to wall Olympic coverage recaps the night, including gold by Gabby Douglas, and yet another win for Michael Phelps.
- Is August your month to “slack off” at work? Check out that story and take the poll at the bottom of the page.
- Dangerous summer surf continues to devastate and injure shore swimmers.
- A state program expands to help out the unemployed.
- Are this summer’s extreme storms the new normal for the Garden State?
- Experts say the weather conditions could lead a volatile allergy season.
- A new survey finds that cursing in the work place could prevent you advancing.
- Speaking in Colorado, Governor Christie goes on the attack against President Obama.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Be prepared for the weekend ahead with Alan Kasper’s 5-day forecast.
Thursday’s poll asked if you had any confidence left in the red light camera program. There were a lot of votes on this one. 93% say they do not, while 7% still do have some confidence.
VIDEO OF THE DAY