Memory Screenings Taking Place Across NJ Today
Ever worry about an aging parent or grandparent? Whether their memory is fading too rapidly and it may be more than old age? The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America has free screenings in 67 locations across New Jersey today.
It only takes 10 minutes and it’s done in a private area with only the person being tested and the screener present, so no embarrassment. They are being done free of charge.
They say if you’re unsure whether a screening is warranted, consider these questions:
• Am I becoming more forgetful?
• Do I have trouble concentrating?
• Do I have difficulty performing familiar tasks?
• Do I have trouble recalling words or names in conversation?
• Do I sometimes forget where I am or where I am going?
• Have family or friends told me that I am repeating questions or saying the same thing over and over again?
• Am I misplacing things more often?
• Have I become lost when walking or driving?
• Have my family or friends noticed changes in my mood, behavior, personality, or desire to do things?
A yes to any of these indicate a screening might not be a bad idea.