Legislation Seeks to Ban Red Light Cameras: From The Newsroom
State Senator Mike Doherty has introduced a bill to ban municipalities from using red light camera systems which detect violations of traffic control signals and automate the process of issuing tickets to drivers.
- An Assembly panel approves legislation to ban teenagers from using tanning beds.
- Despite an improving economic climate, a new study reveals New Jerseyans continue to face financial stress.
- A new study reveals 1 in 3 young adults with autism lack higher learning, jobs.
- Assembly Republicans want to create more jobs for New Jersey women.
- Security breaches continue to be a problem at Newark Airport.
- Days before being sentenced, supporters rally for Dharun Ravi.
- State revenues are delayed. Will they be released today?
- Point Pleasant officials will vote on two alcohol ordinances tonight.
- Thanks to the warm weather, some crops are on shelves now.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting the word “NEWS” to 89000.
Yesterday's poll asked if you recycle. Over 80% of you said yes, and 14% said sometimes.
VIDEO OF THE DAY