From The Newsroom – 01/13/12
A very sad week in New Jersey comes to a close, as esteemed and respected Assemblyman Alex DeCroce is buried today in East Hanover, following his tragic Monday night State House passing.
- Governor Christie signed a major piece of education reform Thursday in Camden, while also sounding off on the hot-button issue of medical marijuana.
- The Governor will be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey on Sunday night at 9PM on OWN.
- David Matthau reports on a minimum wage bill being touted by Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver.
- A new survey says that foreclosures filings fell considerably in the Garden State in 2011.
- An FDU poll rates how Republican challengers will fare this year against incumbent US Senator Bob Menendez.
- Cape May is showing great success with a prison inmate program that handles video visitations over the internet.
- Joe Cutter explains why New Jersey ranks as the 6th worst place in the country to retire.
- A New Jersey Congressman is trying to reverse cuts to school libraries across the state.
- And as we mentioned at the top, today is the funeral of deceased Assembly Minority Leader Alex DeCroce.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to “89000”
Alan Kasper’s 5 day New Jersey weekend weather forecast is available anytime on our website with an audio report and his daily blog.
And of course, GO GIANTS! Have a great weekend.
VIDEOS OF THE DAY
Video by Dino Flammia
Courtesy Associated Press