Dead Black Bear On Rt. 95: From The Newsroom
Well, today's morning and blog took a quite different turn than I had expected when I arrived into the newsroom.We received a tip from a motorist that a black bear was dead on the side of the road on Route 95 near Route 31.
Since that is not too far from our studios, I took a ride over to see what happened and snap some pictures. For somebody who does not like blood and guts like myself, it was quite gruesome. But I did make it through. The story is posted with a gallery of photos, which again, are very graphic.
- It was a busy Thursday in New Jersey. At the State House, Governor Christie had his second Supreme Court nominee shot down. Kevin McArdle wonders what this means for bi-partisanship in NJ.
- Stacy Proebstle reviews legislation that passed through Senate, including a drug court plan and a bill that would ease the burden on merging towns.
- Governor Christie held a Thursday town hall in East Brunswick. David Matthau recaps Christie's plans for property tax relief, while promoting an "up with Jersey" message.
- Are the abundance of reality shows fostering bad behavior in New Jersey?
- Inspectors made their way around the Seaside Heights boardwalk to check out games, bodegas, and rides.
- Lennon Baldwin's mom plans to file a lawsuit against the Morris School District.
- A new study finds that New Jersey is lagging behind neighboring states in the economic recovery.
- The Stanley Cup Finals continue tomorrow night in Newark. Show us your Devils colors online.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Thursday's poll asked if non-violent drug offenders should receive jail time or mandatory treatment. 69% said treatment, just 4% jail-time, and 27% say both.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor's Office