Who would you erect a statue of in New Jersey?
Since we’re living in a society where statues now need to be vetted before they can remain up, see Christopher Columbus, Asbury Park founder James A Brady, Richard Stockton, etc, etc, etc. I asked “If you were going to erect a statue of someone, who would it be?” That was followed by several “Buttheads” in search of a Beavis pointing out that I said “erect”. Here are some of the people that were mentioned:
- Lots of people went Tom Petty
- Jodi chose Robert Plant
— DColligan (@irish1023) October 9, 2017
- Josh Schroeder – President Trump for making liberals cry Like little schoolgirls
- Craig Stanton – Jerry Lewis, Humanitarian
- Michael McCabe – The maker of Viagra
Bill Clinton. What president was more erect then him!!!!
— Stan Blair (@StanBlair81) October 9, 2017
- Michelle Jensen – My husband… He’s the strongest, most kind hearted man I know! Not to mention, he’s the definition of perseverance, dedication and loyalty! He’s my ❤ (Awwww)
- Tom Barney – Harry Truman. Great President. Last common person to be President.
- Jimmy Graham – Artie Lange… that way if it falls over it will look natural.
- Vini Lopez – My statue would be for all of the fishermen and women that work on the Jersey Shore! A very hard working bunch!!
- Pete Michaels – Neil Armstrong
— Marty walsh (@Martywa10388085) October 10, 2017
- Paul Benn – The Invisible Man
- Kitty Powell – Bruce Springsteen
- Mike Matisa – John Cardarelli
- Mitchell Siegel – Rosa Parks
- Judi Yaccarino – My dad – not a perfect man, but an intelligent man who went out of his way to defend injustices, loved his family and learned from his mistakes. He was perfectly imperfect.
- Ed Rufolo – Jack Klugman dressed as Oscar Madison in the robe, Met hat, and cigar in his mouth. Loved that show.
Who would you see as statue-worthy? Leave your answer in a comment below or tweet me @RealSteveTrev.
More from New Jersey 101.5:
Subscribe to New Jersey 101.5 FM on