The best ice cream in New Jersey — your picks
May in Sea Isle City means the opening of Yum Yum's ice cream shop. They make the best cones! The secret is they place a gum drop at the bottom so that the ice cream doesn't leak out. My favorite cone is one scoop of almond joy and one scoop of pistachio. That's just one of the best places to get ice cream in New Jersey
Today is Haagan Dazs cone day where they support the bees whose honey gives so many flavors to the ice cream. It's on this day that we think of the best places to get ice cream in New Jersey.
Here are a few suggestions from my listeners and followers:
- The trucks - Growing up I loved to have me game interrupted by the sound of Mister Softee or Good Humor. I loved the vanilla cone with chocolate sprinkles or toasted almond.
- Dairy Queen - My kids love the blizzards and we go get them then bring them home while we eat around the TV to either the "Goldbergs," "Speechless," "The Flash" or "Hawaii 5-0" and now mostly whatever the NFL network has on.
- Thomas Sweets in Princeton - Many hours I have spent standing in line waiting for the ice cream that was so well worth it.
- Let's not forget the Jersey Freeze in Freehold. you never know may show up.... Bruce!
- Bob Marsdale - Halo Farms!
- Anita Helene - Creanies Sicklerville!
- Tommy Doggies Howell - Lindy Hops Galloway Township.
- Also when you're down the shore, Donna D'Antonio Hull - Duffer's in Wildwood. Rich and creamy and flavorful. It's the best I've ever had.
- Donna M Smith Ferretti - Ice depot in Milltown
- Tom "Bruce Brunch" Cunningham - Skipper Dipper in Beach Haven
- Shane Osterman - Leo's Famous Yum Yum!
- Renee Auerbach - Ice cream on 9 in Howell.
- Jerry Rubino - Bischoff’s Ice Cream & Candy in Teaneck.
- Rick Burckhardt - Twinkiss in Clayton.
- John Tarricone - Primo in Westmont.
- James Weaber - Kohrs at the shore.
- Lee Arleth - Ice Cream on 9 in Howell.
- Heather DeLuca - Royal Crowne in Hammonton!
- Chuck Guhr - Duffers in Wildwood!
- Frannie Townsend - Springers in Stone Harbor
More from New Jersey 101.5: