Jersey Music Battle: Bruce vs. Bon Jovi
It’s a Jersey Homecoming Weekend on New Jersey 101.5, playing the artists and groups who started in (and some who still are) from the great Garden State. Two of the biggest artists to come out of Jersey are Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen. If we were to put these two in a “Jersey Music Battle,” who would win?
Let’s take a look at the “Tale Of The Tape.”
Bon Jovi (Jon Bon Jovi)
- Formed in 1983 in Sayerville, NJ.
- Have released 11 studio albums, 3 compilation albums and one live album.
- Have sold 130 million records worldwide.
- Have performed more than 2,300 concerts in 50 countries for more than 34 million fans.
- “Slippery When Wet” was the top selling album of 1987 with “Livin’ On A Prayer,” “You Give Love A Bad Name,” and what is considered “The Bon Jovi Nation Anthem,” “Wanted Dead Or Alive.
- The band remained relevant producing albums like 2005’s “Have A Nice Day,” “Lost Highway” in 2007 and most recently “The Circle/Greatest Hits” in 2009.
- Jon and Richie Sambora were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2009.
- On December 12, 2009, Bon Jovi were ranked #9 on Billboard’s Top 25 touring artists of the decade after grossing $419,481,741 from 249 shows, of which 244 were sellouts
- Were nominated for the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but did not make it.
- A former auto body shop in Red Bank is now a community restaurant, The Jon Bon Jovi Foundation Soul Kitchen Community Restaurant is now open on Monmouth Street.
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ( & THE E STREET BAND)
- Formed in 1972 in Monmouth County, NJ.
- Has sold more than 65 million albums in the U.S. and 120 million worldwide.
- Has won 20 Grammy awards.
- Rolling Stone has ranked Bruce as the 23rd Greatest Artist of All Time in its Top 100 list.
- On October 27th, 1975 Bruce appeared on the covers of ‘Newsweek’ and ‘Time’ simultaneously.
- Inducted into the Songwriters and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s in 1999.
- Performed at Super Bowl XLIII.
- Has won Golden Globe, Emmy and Academy Awards.
- Is set to tour in 2012.
WHO WINS THIS ‘JERSEY MUSIC BATTLE?’