Craziest Reasons People Had For Being Late To Work
A Harris Poll on behalf of CareerBuilder.com surveyed over 5,000 people, both employees and managers and came up with some funny information regarding people's excuses for being late to work.
Here are just a few examples of real life reasons employees have given bosses for not making it on time.
- Cat got stuck in the toilet
- Thought Halloween was a company holiday
- Got brush stuck in hair
- Put superglue in eye instead of contact solution and had to go to emergency room
- Claimed zebra was running down highway and held up traffic (this one turned out to be true)
They also came up with the 5 most common reasons given for being late to the job.
- Lack of sleep
- Public transportation problem
- Bad weather
- Dropping kids at daycare/school