Check out Judi’s sausage-eggplant culinary creation
This is the highly-anticipated recipe Dennis & Judi fans have been begging for. Check it out below!
Did you miss Judi explaining her famous sausage, eggplant, and peppers recipe on air? Here is the famous recipe that everyone has been asking about:
- 1⁄2 lb. whatever sausage you like
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium eggplant (1 lb.)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Salt and pepper (optional: basil & oregano)
- Remove the sausage from the casing and break into small, bite-sized pieces. Slice the peppers and onions, and chop eggplant into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat until hot.
- Brown sausage.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until lightly browned, and then remove from skillet.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp. oil and sauté the eggplant until lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste to coat the eggplant.
- Stir in 1⁄2 cup water and cook until eggplant is very tender, adding more water as needed.
- Season with the salt and pepper (or basil and oregano if you like).
- Return the sausage, peppers and onions to the skillet and heat through.
Voila! Pour yourself a glass of red wine and enjoy.