Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’ is One of the Most Common Funeral Songs, What Would Be Yours?
Yes, there is indeed a chart that lists the most common songs played at funerals around the world. I was shocked too. Then I read this article.
According to NME,
Adele's 'Someone Like You' might have been an international chart success, but it's now entered at number 22 of the funeral music chart.
I find this funny because some of the lyrics don't relate to laying a love one to rest at all. Then again, songs are open to different interpretation.
I heard, that you're dreams came true
I guess she gave you things
I didn't give to you
It really isn't that big of a deal if the song you want played at your funeral isn't all about death. Sometimes it's depressing enough just being at a funeral. I'm just shocked that it's number 22 on the list.
Check out the rest of the list:
1. Frank Sinatra – 'My Way'
2. Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli – 'Time To Say Goodbye'
3. Bette Midler – 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
4. Eva Cassidy – 'Over The Rainbow'
5. Robbie Williams – 'Angels'
6. Westlife – 'You Raise Me Up'
7. Gerry & The Pacemakers – 'You’ll Never Walk Alone'
8. Vera Lynn – 'We’ll Meet Again'
9. Celine Dion – 'My Heart Will Go On'
10. Nat King Cole – 'Unforgettable'
11. Tina Turner – 'The Best'
12. Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton – 'I Will Always Love You'
13. Monty Python – 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'
14. Luther Vandross – 'Dance With My Father'
15. Louis Armstrong – 'Wonderful World'
16. Daniel O'Donnell – 'Danny Boy'
17. Eva Cassidy – 'Fields Of Gold'
18. Righteous Brothers (and various) – 'Unchained Melody'
19. Westlife – 'Flying Without Wings'
20. Eva Cassidy – 'Songbird'
What would be your top song choice to play at your funeral? Will you go with the traditional depressing song about death or will you go with a track that you have loved your entire life? Let us know in the comment section below.