10 summer cocktails that won’t make you give up your ‘man card’
Obviously everyone wants to feel refreshed on a hot summer day, and we all have our go-to adult beverage that makes our summer feel--well...summery!
For some it's an ice cold beer, for others a frou-frou fruity drink with an umbrella in it. But here's the problem:
Some summery mixed drinks are just too girly for a man to feel comfortable ordering (Unless he makes his wife or girlfriend do it for him!)
Lets face it: A real man can't order a Piña Colada or a frozen daiquiri without having to surrender his man card!
In light of this, I've rounded up a list of cool, refreshing, summer drinks that a man can order and not feel like a girl.
- Jack and Coke - Do I have to explain?
- Godfather - Equal parts scotch, whiskey, amaretto.
- Long Island Iced Tea - Vodka, rum, gin, tequila, triple sec sweet and sour mix, coke, lemon squeeze.
- Dark and stormy - Gosling's Dark Rum, Ginger beer and a squeeze of lime.
- Lynchburg Lemonade - Lemon lime, (or lemonade) Jack Daniel's, triple sec and sour mix.
- Mojito - Fresh mint leaves, lime, sugar, white rum and club soda.
- John Daly - Lemonade, iced tea and vodka (or lemonade and sweet tea vodka).
- Alabama Slammer - Amaretto, Southern Comfort, sloe gin and orange juice.
- Suicide 7 - 7-up, Vodka, Peach Schnapps and Tanqueray Gin.
- Paloma - Tequila, Fresca, (or, alternatively, grapefruit juice and club soda) and a squeeze of lime.
More from New Jersey 101.5: