10 classic restaurant chain menu items that keep New Jerseyans eating there
Depending on who you believe, the Internet killed the chain restaurants, Uber killed the chain restaurants, millennials killed the chain restaurants, the farm-to table-movement killed the chain restaurants. But the fact is, restaurant chains here in New Jersey and all over the country are suffering from a sort of identity crisis.
In my opinion, it’s because they are trying to recreate themselves and be all things to all people in order to try to recapture some of the market share that any of the aforementioned evils took away. Wouldn’t it be better if they understood that the marketplace is different and adjusted for that and then just concentrated on what they do best?
In the interest of that, we thought we would remind the chain restaurants here in New Jersey what their customers are flocking to them for.. and hopefully will continue to. These are the food items that our listeners said they go to the chains for:
- Olive Garden — Chicken Alfredo (closely followed by breadsticks)
- Stewarts — Texas Chili Dog
- Cheesecake Factory — Chicken Piccata
- Outback Steakhouse — Bloomin’ Onion
- Bonefish Grill — Firecracker Shrimp
- Golden Corral — Country Fried Bacon
- Quaker Steak and Lube — Wings
- Red Lobster — Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Chick-fil-A — Chicken Sandwich with Polynesian Sauce
- TGI Fridays — Potato Skins
More from New Jersey 101.5: