You gotta have the (blank) at these New Jersey restaurants
Over the weekend, I had a great, unique lunch at a little place on the bayside of Atlantic City.
It’s just over the bridge off Albany Ave. at the southern entrance of AC and it’s called Wonder Bar. No, not that Wonder Bar in Asbury, and I don’t think they’re related in any way.
It’s right on the water and perfect for outside dining this time of year. If you go, I recommend the Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wrap. For an app try the fried clam strips with “boom boom” sauce.
So we asked the listeners Monday to recommend a dish at a place in New Jersey. The recommendations were pretty diverse, but we had to keep steering folks away from pizza. New Jerseayans love their pizza….fiercely! Here are the results.
- Lubrano’s Trattoria in Wall Twp – Penne w/braciole and meatballs.
- The Grilled Cheese & Crab Cake Co. in Sommers Point – Dunked grilled cheese sandwich in Angry Cream of Crab Soup.
- Abigail’s Cafe in Linden – Grilled skirt steak.
- The Ark Pub & Eatery in Point Pleasant Beach – The Ark Burger.
- Espo’s in Raritan – Steak parmigiana.
- Cahoot’s Restaurant in Middlesex – Crab cakes.
- Navesink Fishery in Atlantic Highlands – Fried calamari.
- The Copper Canyon in Atlantic Highlands – Coffee encrusted NY Strip Steak.
- Villa Rosa Ristorante & Pizzeria in Ewing – Chicken rollatini.
- Pete’s Pizza @ Columbus Market in Columbus – Sicilian pizza.
- Cinder Bar in Clarksboro – Short rib cheesesteak.
- Spirito’s Italian Diner in Elizabeth – Pizza (although I recommend the ravioli!)
More from New Jersey 101.5:
Subscribe to New Jersey 101.5 FM on