When Does Six Flags Great Adventure Open and What Are Their Spring Hours?
Breathe easy thrill-seekers, you're in luck! Very soon, you'll be able to soar high on the rides of your choice.
That's right, Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park opens at 10:30AM on Thursday, April 5th!
For those of you who
live under a rock don't know about the nation's largest Six Flags amusement park, it's located right off of route 195 in Jackson, NJ. Six Flags Great Adventure consists of an action-packed theme park with over 800 thrill rides, games, and fun for the whole family as well as an adjacent water park, Hurricane Harbor, and the 350-acre Wild Safari, housing over 1,200 exotic animals.
Here's some more information about Opening Weekend, Spring hours, and this season's brand new amusement ride coming this season:
Six Flags Great Adventure opens on Thursday, April 5th and will remain open daily until Sunday, April 15th (during Spring Break).
Hours: After April 15th, the park will be open from 10:30AM - 8:00PM on Saturdays and Sundays until Sunday, May 6th.
The Wild Safari will be open from 9:00AM - 4:00PM weekends only. Beginning May 10th, the park will be open on Thursday - Sunday with 6:00PM Thursday closings until it is open daily for Memorial Day weekend starting Wednesday, May 23rd. See Hurricane Harbor hours and information below.
We were pretty bummed when the swings disappeared from the park (remember those?). But we recently did some quick research on the theme park and discovered something worth sharing! According to sixflags.com, the swings are coming back in 2012 and they're better than ever (and higher)!
Take a look for yourself at brand new ride, SkyScreamer in the video below!
Don't forget one of New Jersey's best ways to beat the heat (besides the Jersey Shore)! Hurricane Harbor has some great new attractions coming this season also. If you missed our update with video covering the brand new huge wet and wild thrill, King Cobra, check it out here.
Hours: Hurricane Harbor will be open Saturday through Monday of Memorial Day Weekend (May 26th-May 28th) from 10:30AM - 6:00PM and then each Saturday and Sunday until Friday, June 22nd when it opens daily.
Did you know?
- Purchasing a season pass to "GA" takes you further than ever before. Take a look at the 6 Reasons to Buy Your Season Passes and discover the advantages from a value book to free admission to Six Flags parks around the world!
- Six Flags Great Adventure is home to some pretty amazing concerts. festivals and events. Check out this season's event listings before planning your visit this season.
- Safari lovers: You'll get the most out of your day when you get there early. The Wild Safari opens at 9am, an hour earlier than the theme park, and the animals are more active and alert in the morning while the cooler weather is to their advantage.
- Six Flags Great Adventure's mission is to add something new each year! If you haven't been there in ages and want to see the all the improvements, check out this map of the park!
- Although there are plenty of high-intensity, adrenaline-rushing rides, Great Adventure is also packed with lots of rides for the little ones. The park is very family-friendly, with an indoor and outdoor games and shopping for everyone from young to old.
As you can see, we're pretty excited to get to Six Flags this season to check out the new rides!
From Free Fall, Batman, Great American Scream Machine, El Toro and Lightning Loops to Medusa, Runaway Train and Kingda Ka...
New or old, what is your all-time favorite ride at Great Adventure? Share your answers below in the comments!