Volunteer Information and Drop Off Locations
The response today with people who want to donate time and money to the relief efforts has been incredible. We have collected some information here, which we have been reporting on air.
If you know of another phone number or organization where people can volunteer their time please leave that information in the comments below. Or, tweet it to @NJ1015.
Call 1-800-Jersey-7 or Dial 211 for information on where to volunteer. The back up numbers are 609-775-5236 and 908-303-0471 or you could send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Regional High School in Bayville: 732-269-1100 – Located at 509 Forest Hills Parkway Bayville, NJ 08721
Lacey Methodist Church in Lacey – Located on Rt 9 on Lacey Road: Volunteers are needed to help sort and organize items. Also need volunteers to help clean out homes in the area.
Nurses are needed in Manahawkin at the shelters, especially overnight. Nursing students are welcome.
Toms River Intermediate School and The Church of Grace & Peace at 1563 Old Freehold Rd in Toms River need volunteers to help Samaritan’s Purse. You can contact the church at 732-349-1550 and as for Brent Graybeal.
And of course you can always contact your local red cross. www.redcross.org/support/volunteer
Drop Off Locations for Food, Clothing, and Supplies:
- Maywood – Maywood Ave School – water, food, paper goods , toiletries and other supplies needed – Sun 10a-4p
- Westampton – 780 Woodlane Rd – Breakfast foods, cereal, granola, and protein bars, socks, boxers, batteries, water – Sun 8a-5p – 609-267-2041
- Hampton Lakes – Firehouse at 72 Holly Blvd (in Hampton Lakes off Route 70) – Clothing, food, supplies – Sun 1-4p – 609-859-2600
- Red Bank – Regional H.S. – The Salvation Army on Newman Springs Road – toiletries, underwear, socks, sneakers, bedding - Sun 2:30-5p Mon 10-4p.
- Port Monmouth – Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Highlands on Rt 36 just before bridge to Sandy Hook – Clothing, coats, shoes, baby items, toiletries, pet food, blankets, sleeping bags… etc – Sunday 12-3p
- Howell – St. William the Abbot Church 2740 Lakewood Allenwood Road – water, food, clothes, coats, flashlights, batteries, pet food, baby supplies, ensure – Sun 8a – 4p Mon 8a – 12p
- Hazlet – Maranatha Baptist Church, 665 Holmdel Rd – In need of kitchen sized garbage bags or larger, socks, underwear, blankets, sleeping bags, flashlights and batteries, toiletries , coats, gloves and hats… etc
- Asbury Park – Confections of a Rock$tar at 550 Cookman Ave – will be taking donations of blankets, clothing and canned goods. No money will be accepted - Mon12-4p. Drop off location only, not open for business.
- West Long Branch – Branches Catering at 123 Monmouth Road – Food, clothing and supplies – Sun 7a-7p call 732-278-8433 if you would like to volunteer at this location.
- Manahawkin – Stafford Township Town Hall – 260 Bay Avenue – Requesting paper products and protein bars.
- Brick – 2001 Lanes Mill Rd at H.S. in Brick NJ – Collecting Canned food, clothing, baby Items Sunday 10a-8p and Mon 10a-8p.
- Brick- Visitation Church, 755 Mantoloking Road, Brick. No clothing please. Requesting food, toiletries, pillows and blankets.
- Little Egg Harbor Township - Senior Center, 965 Radio Road.
- Manahawkin – St. Mary’s of the Pines Church, 100 Bishop Lane.
- Toms River – Intermediate East on Hooper Ave – Total Distribution center – In need of gift cards for supermarkets and Target / Walmart gift cards.
- Toms River – Ocean County Hunger Relief, 21 Germania Station Road.
- Toms River – Church of Grace & Peace, 1563 Old Freehold Road, Toms River. Non-perishable food & clothing.
- Toms River – South Toms River at the Drank Lane Recreation Center
- Toms River – TRFC on Riverwood Dr. ( cross st Whitesvillle rd/527) Toms River is collecting donations AND handing out food clothing and toiletries for those in need. Sunday starting at 10a
- Neptune – Food Bank of Ocean and Monmouth Counties, 3300 Route 66.
- Forked River – United Methodist Church, 203 Lacey Road.
- Jackson – Jackson Crossings, 21 South Hope Chapel Road.
- Lakewood – Calvary Lighthouse Church, 1133 County Line Road, Bldg. A – Non-perishable food & clothing.
- Lakehurst - Corner of Rt 70 & Center Street in downtown Lakehurst – Lakehurst & Whiting Boy Scouts Food Drive – Canned and dry goods as well as shelf stable milk are needed. Sun 9a-8p Mon-Fri 4p-8p.
- Laurence Harbor – Lawrence Church on Lawrence Pkwy – we could use some resources, hot food, laundry facilities, medicine, supplies, water, and ice Sunday starting at 2pm
- Dunellen – DunellenTheater 458 North Avenue, Dunellen, NJ. All disaster-relief items including but not limited to, non-perishable food items, bottled water, rubber boots, baby food, diapers and wipes, etc. Clothing is limited to baby clothes only.
- North Brunswick – Fire co #3 at 1470 Cozzens Lane – Clothing, toiletries, non-perishables, diapers, pillows, etc. Sunday or any night during the week from 6-10 pm.
Check back soon , we will be updating our list all day today. If you want to add something call us at 1-800-283-1015 or Tweet your information to @NJ1015 – Include County, Address, Items Needed, and Hours Collecting.