Baby bear visits the studio, we totally lose our cool (ADORABLE pics & video)
Do bears make for good radio? Who cares? They're adorable and we want one of our own.
Bailey the Bear — just three months old — came to visit Bill Spadea's show from Six Flags Great Adventure Wednesday morning ... and we gushed. And gushed. And gushed. While veterinarian Dr. Ken Keiffer told us all about how long Bailey's claws will someday get, about how long it'll take her to grow, what she eats ... we had trouble focusing.
She threw meteorologist Dan Zarrow off his game, she made out with and/or mauled Bill and she posed for selfies with the crew.
Bailey came into Six Flags' care when her mother walked away from her after giving birth to her — leaving her in need of medical assistance. For now, she's hand-fed bottles of a milk-replacement formula and gets plenty of attention from Keiffer and her other caretakers.
Some quick facts about our new favorite guest:
• She's a European brown bear cub, a cousin to the grizzly.
• She's only 11 weeks old and weighs just 10 pounds — for now.
• She'll grow to be between 350 and 500 pounds.
• Standing, she'll be about 6 feet tall once grown.
• It'll take her about three to four years to become fully grown
• She's just 11 weeks
• She's an omnivore.
• The Six Flags team will stay with her until she's 6 or 7 months old, at which point she'll be reintroduced to the brown bear population at Six Flags Safari Off Road Adventure.