Streak of Entertaining Super Bowl’s Will Live Another Year
Since 2004, we as sports fans have been very lucky. Every Super Bowl after the debacle that was the Oakland Raiders vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been a memorable one. The final score of that game was 48-21, although if you remember the game, it wasn’t even that close.
Results of every Super Bowl since 2004:
- XXXVIII – 2/1/2004 – New England Patriots over Carolina Panthers 32–29
- XXXIX – 2/6/2005 – New England Patriots over Philadelphia Eagles 24–21
- XL – 2/5/2006 – Pittsburgh Steelers over Seattle Seahawks 21–10
- XLI – 2/4/2007 – Indianapolis Colts over Chicago Bears 29–17
- XLII – 2/3/2008 – New York Giants over New England Patriots 17–14
- XLIII - 2/1/2009 - Pittsburgh Steelers over Arizona Cardinals 27–23
- XLIV – 2/7/2010 – New Orleans Saints over Indianapolis Colts 31–17
- XLV - 2/6/2011 – Green Bay Packers over Pittsburgh Steelers 31–25
- XLVI – 2/5/2012 – New York Giants over New England Patriots 21–17
- XLVII - 2/3/2013 – Baltimore Ravens over San Francisco 49ers 34–31
I was nervous going into halftime of last night’s game that our streak of good Super Bowl’s would end. I felt the 49ers and Ravens was sort of a mismatch and at the end of 30 minutes of play, the Ravens had a 21-6 lead. After the 34-minute buzzkill power outage a minute and a half into the third quarter, I was almost positive that it was going to be a blowout. Similar to what the Ravens did to the Giants on January 28th, 2001, beating them 34-7.
The Colin Kaepernick-led 49ers ended up scoring 17 points in the 3rd quarter. America got what they wanted. After the two-week layoff in between games (which I think is greatly unnecessary) and recycling of story lines, the game came down to the final play, after the 49ers made it a 3-point deficit. That’s what it’s all about, right? I hope the Super Bowl continues it’s hot streak for at least another year. There’s going to be a lot of extra excitement this time next year. It’s going to be the first Super Bowl played outdoors in a cold-weather environment at MetLife Stadium.
What did you think of last night’s game? Take our poll and share any thoughts you may have in the comment section below.