Contact Us
Make My Homepage

Smoker Burned When She Accidently Ignites Hair

Authorities say a Butler woman was seriously burned when she accidentally ignited her hair while trying to light a cigarette.

The 64-year-old woman, whose name was not disclosed, was in her apartment when the accident occurred around 4:25 p.m. Saturday. She suffered severe burns to her forehead, face and neck and was flown to a hospital, where she was listed in serious condition.

It was not immediately clear Sunday how the accident occurred or if anyone else was in the apartment at the time. The investigation is ongoing.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

 

Best of NJ 101.5

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://nj1015.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for New Jersey Insiders quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive New Jersey Insiders contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.