Reactions To Whitney Houston’s Death
Entertainers and others who knew Whitney Houston are expressing their thoughts and feelings after learning of the singer's death in Beverly Hills on Saturday at the age of 48.
Mariah Carey tweets she's heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of her friend. Carey says, "She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."
- INTERACTIVE: The life of Whitney Houston
- APPRECIATION: Whitney, We Will Always Love You
- REACTION: The Music Industry Reacts To Whitney Houston's Death
- REACTION: Movie & TV Industry Remembers Whitney Houston
- BOBBY BROWN: On Stage: "I Love You, Whitney"
- WHITNEY HOUSTON: Happy In Her Final Days
- GRAMMYS: Jennifer Hudson To Pay Tribute To Whitney
Singer and songwriter Barry Manilow says he can't believe that Whitney is gone. He says his heart goes out to her family, to Clive Davis, and to everyone who knew and loved the "amazingly talented and beautiful artist." He added, "I will always love her."
Motown great Smokey Robinson says he's known Whitney since she was a little girl and loved her. As he puts it, "She was like family to me. I will miss her."
Neil Portnow, president and CEO of the Recording Academy, says, "A light has been dimmed in our music community today, and we extend our deepest condolences to her family, friends, fans and all who have been touched by her beautiful voice."
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)