Monmouth Park Scholastic Art Contest
Is your child or teen an aspiring artist? If so,let them know about an incredible contest sponsored by Monmouth Park!
Below are the details, including the rules and regulations. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY prior to entering.
MONMOUTH PARK SCHOLASTIC ART CONTEST RULES:
1) Open to all New Jersey grammar, middle and high school students.
2) One (1) entry per student.
3) Submissions must be on a flat surface and include the following information listed on the reverse side:
- Artist’s name and age
- Home address
- Contact phone numbers
- Email address
- Artist’s school
- Artwork Title
- i. Artwork will be declined if any of the above information is illegible.
- ii. Monmouth Park retains the right to refuse any submission it deems inappropriate.
4) Artwork size specs:
- At least 5” x 7”: no larger than 27” x 40” (poster size)
5) Accepted mediums
- Paint (acrylic, watercolor, oil and tempera only)
- Pen & Ink
- Pencil (graphite or colored)
- Colored Markers
- Colored Chalk
6) Submissions must be delivered to the Monmouth Park Clubhouse Will Call Office, left of the main Clubhouse entrance.
- Enter Valet Parking entrance
- Please tell attendant you are delivering Art Contest submission
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- d. Entries will NOT be accepted Haskell Day, Sunday, July 27
- Submissions must be made by Sunday, August 17, 2014.
7) Sculpture and photography will NOT be accepted.
8) One (1) winner from each division will be selected by a panel of judges selected by Monmouth Park.
9) Each winner to receive a $1,000 check, courtesy of Monmouth Park, presented collectively to the three (3) winners in a Winner’s Circle Labor Day Presentation, Monday, September 1, 2014.
- Winners must complete form W-9.
10) Art Contest panel decisions are final and indisputable.
11) If you wish to retain your artwork, it must be retrieved at the Clubhouse Will Call Office (dropoff location) any Saturday or Sunday, 11:00 to 3:00pm, Saturday, September 6 through Sunday, September 28, 2014. Artwork will NOT be retrievable thereafter.