Monmouth Park announces its 2017 schedule — Who’s ready for summer?
I don't bet on horses. Well, maybe once or twice, but imaginary bets? I've won and lost thousands on those! But I LOVE going to Monmouth Park!
I feel the need to share this because when I was younger, I thought "The Track" was a place where seedy gamblers hung out. Either that, or horse lovers. I was neither. I mean, horses are fine, and I can appreciate the occasional horse race, but Monmouth Park is so much more than horses and racing.
A day at Monmouth Park is an amazing family experience. They've got so much for kids and adults to do. I've spent many a weekend with my kids barbecuing, picnicking, listening to music, attending festivals and events and yes--watching races and picking horses.
Monmouth Park really does mean summer and great times for me. So when the summer line-up of events is announced every year, it's that harbinger of great weather and fun times to come. With the weather as warm as it's been, I already feel like it's so close.
Below is the newly announced list of summer festivities at Monmouth. That means summer is (kinda) almost here! Last year for the first time I was lucky enough to attend the Jersey Shore food truck festival there.
This year, it's happening again (May 27-29) and you definitely don't want to miss it: Three days, 50 trucks cooking up the most amazing food. And that's just the beginning.
If you've never thought of Monmouth Park as a family destination, think again. This summer, here's what's happening.
- Opening Day - Saturday, May 13
- Mother's Day - Sunday, May 14
- The 47th Annual NJ Irish Festival - Sunday, June 11
- Father's Day - Sunday, June 18
- Wine & Chocolate Festival - Saturday, June 24 thru Sunday, June 25
- Classic Car Show & Oldies Day - Sunday, July 9
- Surf & Turf Seafood Festival - Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16
- Ladies' Day - Saturday, July 29
- Haskell Invitational - Sunday, July 30
- Italian Festival - Saturday, Aug. 5
- Tu Sello Latino Fest - Sunday, Aug. 20
- Fantasy Football Weekend - Saturday, August 27 thru Sunday, August 28
- NJ Thoroughbred Festival - Sunday, August 27
- BBQ & Craft Beer Festival - Saturday, September 2 thru Monday, September 4
- Food Trucktoberfest - Saturday, September 9
More from New Jersey 101.5: