Live video: Pope visits 9/11 Museum for interfaith service
Pope Francis continues his visit to New York City Friday morning with a visit to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, for a multi-religious service, starting at 11:30 a.m.
The pontiff's visit to The Big Apple will continue through the afternoon with a visit to a school, a procession through Central Park and a mass at Madison Square Garden. He will depart this weekend for Philadelphia where he is schedule to say Mass this Sunday.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (NEW YORK CITY)
- 8:30 a.m. Visit to the United Nations and Address to the United Nations General Assembly
- 11:30 a.m. Multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
- 4 p.m. Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels School, East Harlem
- 5 p.m. Procession through Central Park (time approximate)
- 6 p.m. Mass at Madison Square Garden
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 (NEW YORK CITY, PHILADELPHIA)
- 8:40 a.m. Departure from John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 9:30 a.m. Arrival at Atlantic Aviation, Philadelphia
- 10:30 a.m. Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, Philadelphia
- 4:45 p.m. Visit to Independence Mall
- 7:30 p.m. Visit to the Festival of Families Benjamin Franklin Parkway
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 (PHILADELPHIA)
- 9:15 a.m. Meeting with bishops at St. Martin's Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- 11 a.m. Visit to Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
- 4 p.m. Mass for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families, Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 7 p.m. Visit with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families, Atlantic Aviation
- 8 p.m. Departure for Rome
Here's how you can keep up with all the latest news from New Jersey 101.5 as it happens:
- Keep an eye on our special Pope visit coverage page, which we'll be updating all week with live video, traffic updates, reactions from local leaders and much more.
- Listen to New Jersey 101.5 on your radio dial, or online at NJ1015.com. Mobile users: Download Radiopup to listen any time from your Android or iOS device.
- Follow New Jersey 101.5 on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Text TRAFFIC or NEWS to 89000 for traffic and news alerts.
And you can contribute, too! Be extra eyes and ears in the crowd. Is the traffic overwhelming? Is the walk from Camden to Philadelphia going as planned? Let us know by:
- Tagging @nj1015 on Twitter and @nj101.5 on Instagram.
- Calling in to 800-283-1015.
- Emailing email@example.com.
Want to share lots and lots of news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday with the words "pope visit" in the subject to make arrangements to get in touch throughout the visit.