Help For Hunterdon County
Hunterdon County was one of the worst areas hit by the Halloween Weekend storm. Power and cell service is out due to hundreds of massive trees crashing down from the weight of the snow. It will be days before power is restored in many areas.
JCP+L is also offering free water & ice for customers affected by the outage at the following locations:
Customers of Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) who remain without power from the damaging snowstorm that hit the East Coast can pick up water and ice free of charge at multiple locations throughout northern New Jersey as storm-restoration efforts continue.
More than 356,000 JCP&L customers were affected by the severe weather and restoration efforts are continuing. The affected counties include Essex, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren.
To pick up the water and ice customers should go to the courtesy desk at individual stores and report that they are a JCP&L customer out of power.
Participating stores in northern New Jersey include:
- Morristown - Kings, 191 South Street
- Bernardsville - Kings, 100 Morristown Road
- Florham Park - Kings, 184 Columbia Turnpike
- Clinton - ShopRite, 50 Wal-Mart Plaza
- Stanhope - ShopRite of Byram, 90 Route 206, Suite 80
- Franklin - ShopRite of Franklin, 270-F State Route 23
- Lincoln Park - ShopRite of Lincoln Park, 60 Beaverbrook Road #1
- Newton - ShopRite of Newton, 125 Water Street
- Phillipsburg - ShopRite of Greenwich, 1207 U.S. Highway 22
- Dover - ShopRite of Rockaway, 437 Route 46
- Wharton - ShopRite, 314 Route 15
The Hunterdon County Division of Emergency Management would like to report the following:
- Hunterdon County has opened a shelter for those without power at Building 1 of the Hunterdon County Complex on Route 12 in Raritan Township. Shelter is available for pets at this location as well. The complex is on Route 12 in Raritan Township between Bonetown Rd and Plumbrook Rd.
- The Route 12 Campus of the Hunterdon County Library System has been opened as reception center for those without power seeking a place with heat. The library will be open until 5PM today, October 30, 2011.
JCP&L advises over 300,000 customers are without power in the North Region. Approximately 35,000 customers in Hunterdon County are experiencing service distruption. JCP&L advises the public should prepare for the possibility of multiple days without power. Outages should be reported to 1-888-544-4877. Please do not use the 9-1-1 system to report power outages.
The following locations within the county are offering shower facilities to the public:
- The Hunterdon Health and Wellness Center (Clinton Township Campus – 1738 Rt 31NB Clinton, NJ)
- The Hunterdon Health and Wellness Center (Whitehouse Campus – 537 Rt 22EB Whitehouse Station, NJ)
- Health Quest (Raritan Township – 310 Rt 31NB Flemington, NJ)