Heat Waves And Town Halls: From The Newsroom
Governor Christie returned to New Jersey, and instantly hit the road to re-start tax cut talks, as he and a standing-room only crowd braved the heat in Manasquan.
- The Governor pushed his tax cut plan, while Democrats spoke out against his latest tour. Christie also touted a project that could cut electric bills next summer.
- It's the fourth heat wave of the season already, and New Jerseyans are being forced to decide how often to use their air conditioning.
- A new poll asks if the Governor is a leader or a bully, while a report says recent history would make him an unlikely Vice Presidential candidate.
- NJ Transit cracks down on phony tickets.
- A professor says laws would not necessarily stop people from risky behavior.
- The President and First Lady have an awkward moment on the "Kiss Cam" last night at the USA Basketball game. The video is below.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Monday's poll asked if you filed a property tax appeal since the economic downturn. 20% said yes, 28% no, while 52% are still considering it.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press