Beware of the Stinging Season in New Jersey [AUDIO]
This is the stinging season, when biting and stinging insects can victimize the unwary.
For most of us, it is annoying. But for a few, it can be life-threatening.
Rutgers allergy and asthma expert Doctor Leonard Bielory says while a bee or wasp sting can cause allergic reactions in anyone, those reactions can lead to shock and even death for those with severe bee or wasp venom allergies.
He says those with a severe allergy should have immediate access to Epinephrine and inject it as soon as your are stung.
"But if you are allergic, get to an emergency room and be seen by an allergist as soon as possible to assess the possibility of going on immunotherapy."
By way of deference, Bielory advises you to avoid wearing bright-colored clothing and perfumes out of doors and don't walk around outside barefoot, and by all means leave wasp's nests be unless you know what you are doing.