Best doughnuts in NJ? Listeners tell the ‘hole’ truth
With Krispy Kreme opening a new store in Jersey City, I took to the airwaves and social media to ask where you can get New Jersey's best doughnuts.
I also asked what the best doughnuts to order in those places are. I was also lucky enough to have retired Plainsboro Detective Eric Potts producing for me and we even explored the relationships between cops and doughnuts.
Here are some of New Jersey's favorite doughnut shops, according to listeners:
- Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck - Try the apple cider donut, longtime favorite.
- Marvel's Bakery Ship Bottom - Cinnamon recommended as well as maple bacon.
- Ducks Donuts in Greenbrook Dutch Farmers market in Flemington - I'm told their apple fritters are the size of a football - not the deflated one that Tom Brady throws...
- Top That in Pt. Pleasant Beach - Try the Aunt Betty..caramel glaze with butter crunch pieces.
- Tom and Chi in Freehold - Nothing like a grilled cheese donut to combine the best of both worlds.
- Mueller's in Bay Head - Best cream donuts.
- OB-CO's in Toms River - great cruller!
- Pisker's in Westville.
- Shop Rite makes a pretty good chocolate frosted and Boston cream too.
- Eet Gud Bakery in Hamilton - Mary Jo says creme sticks to die for.
- Springdale Farm Market on Springdale Rd, in Cherry Hill - Apple cider donuts.
- L and M Bakery in Riverside.
More from New Jersey 101.5: