Amy’s corn spoonbread
This is one decadent side dish.
Last week I passed along a versatile recipe, my sausage and cheddar bread pudding that could be served for breakfast lunch or dinner.
The corn spoon bread is a side dish. It goes great with any kind of meat or fish.
It's rich, dense, and very tasty.
Here are the ingredients you need to gather up.
* 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
* one (8 ounce) can of cream corn
* one (8 ounce) can of whole kernel corn (drained)
* one cup of sour cream or yogurt. I prefer sour cream.
* a half cup of melted butter
* one 8ounce package of corn muffin mix
* (optional) 4 ounces of grated Swiss cheese I don't use the Swiss
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients (except the Swiss cheese)
Pour into a 6x10 inch pan or casserole.
Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
If you are using the Swiss, sprinkle it on top after 35 minutes and put the spoonbread back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Simple, delicious, and easy.